The potential risk of fraud and error occurring exists in every organisation – even in well-managed MNCs. Hence, the underlying understanding must be that fraud & error can only be at best minimised. Whilst errors are mistakes that are unintentional, fraud is the outright perpetration of a crime. When fraud is committed, swift and effective investigation is necessary as is the knowledge of auditing forensics.
Vigilance against fraud & error is the responsibility of every employee and not just a management responsibility. It is therefore important that practices prescribed for effective risk management and internal control become an integral part of the organisation’s culture.
How Will You Benefit
Upon completion of this programme, the participants will be able to :
- Understand and apply a risk-based approach to management
- Learn to identify toxic behaviours that lead to potential risks of fraud and error
- Develop the right values for the corporate culture
- Learn how to implement internal controls effectively
- Be equipped with audit and analytical skills to help them recognise red flags of possible fraud or error
- Enable participants to learn the process and be equipped with the necessary skills to conduct internal audits and investigations into reported/suspected cases of fraud & error
Who Should Attend
Department Heads, Senior Managers, Managers, Business and Financial Controllers, Internal Auditors, Business Owners
This stimulating program will include case studies, group activities (games) and discussions as part of a comprehensive experiential learning experience.
- EMBRACING THE RIGHT VALUES TO IDENTIFY TOXIC BEHAVIOUR
- RISK MANAGEMENT
- PREVENTING FRAUD & ERROR – ESTABLISHING INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEMS
- DETECTING FRAUD & ERROR (1) – CONDUCTING AUDITS
- DETECTING FRAUD (2) – CONDUCTING INVESTIGATIONS