Debt recovery is an integral part for the success of any company. Good and effective techniques need to be used to ensure success in this area. The telephone is a good tool for collection, some find success using the phone and others don’t. We have to ensure that every single person involved in collection, is successful over the phone, thus ensuring stability and growth for the company.
How Will You Benefit
Key learning areas covered during this course include:
- Polite, successful ways to approach the subject of receiving payment
- Handling the most common non-payment excuses
- Making that first contact – developing rapport
- Identifying the type of person you are dealing with and using different approaches to different types of people
- Climbing the proven collections “Ladder of Success”
- Collections techniques that have been specifically developed to use over the telephone
- Knowing what you can and can’t say during a collections call under the latest legislation
- Key techniques for defusing negative emotion
- Creative methods of securing overdue payments
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for all staff who are involved in the collection process, using the phone, including front-line staff who are in contact with customers.
Participative and practical – Emphasizing learning through experience, both from lectures and structured activities: role plays, group exercises, workshops and exploratory discussions.
- TELEPHONE ETIQUETTE & ANSWERING PROCEDURES
- THE 5 ELEMENTS IN A COLLECTION CALL – THE POWER CONCEPT
- THE EIGHT-STEP COLLECTION PROCESS
- CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL COLLECTOR – DEALING WITH PROBLEM CUSTOMERS