Presenting a professional image is extremely important for any company who wishes to grow to greater heights. The professional image has to be portrayed at all times; be it face to face or via the telephone. You see…good customer service and effective communication is the core of any successful organization.
In today’s world the telephone is one of the most important tools used to do business in any organization. Taking care of your customers over the telephone and making them feel well informed and appreciated is essential. The customer experience that your team creates via the telephone has a profound impact on a customer’s perception of your business – positive AND negative! Delivering the best telephone experience possible is one of the easiest ways to make your customers happy. Without it, all of the money spent on marketing and advertising to gain new customers may be wasted if they go away unhappy, or worse, do not return or do not pass along positive word-of-mouth. Good telephone etiquette and good customer service can turn a first-time customer into a loyal repeat customer.
Most people have the basic telephone etiquette in areas such as answering the phone in a professional manner and greeting the customer. However, many lack the crucial etiquette and speaking and listening skills that set apart profitable and professional organizations.
There are many ways to insure the telephone is being used in the most effective manner possible. In this training, you will acquire several key skills to insure that your telephone manner is working for you and not against you.
How Will You Benefit
At the end of the training program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the techniques associated with correct telephone answering techniques.
- Have confidence in their abilities to process incoming and outgoing calls.
- Understand what the communications process is all about
- Develop an insight into behavior choice: passive, aggressive, manipulative, and assertive
- Have a better positive attitude in delivering good customer service
- Implement strategies for dealing politely and successfully with discourteous, demanding, or dissatisfied customers/clients
- Understand the importance of good filling & record keeping
- Have an effective filling and record keeping system set up for organization
Who Should Attend
All staffs who needs to communicate in a confident, efficient and friendly manner on the telephone and who are dealing with customers.
The training workshop will use a range of interactive activities – group and individual exercises, role plays and discussions. There will also be formal inputs of theory and models. The aim is to provide a focus for action that will maximize learning.
“Experiential Learning” method is used and is geared towards effective application of what has been learned in order to maximize the value of the course to both the individual participant and his/her organization.
- ATTRIBUTES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF PROFESSIONAL YOU
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE: THE TELEPHONE
- THE CRITICAL IMPORTANCE OF VOICE TONE, ACCENTS AND DIALECTS
- IT’S NOT WHAT YOU SAY…: REPHRASING FOR BETTER RELATIONSHIPS
- THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY: DEALING WITH CUSTOMERS
- HANDLING HECTIC SITUATIONS
- FILLING & RECORD KEEPING
- THE CLINIC: WHAT WE CAN DO BETTER