Do you want to handle conversations with ease and confidence? Do you want get results will minimal effort? What if you could just say the word and it was done? What if people looked at you expecting to be led, because you were so trustable and wise?
Communication takes up a major part of any person’s workday. The art of good communication includes a whole host of interaction points like sharing of information, asking for and offering help, coaching team members, working with different departments on a common project, interacting with clients, presenting an idea or product, closing a sale, negotiating with business partners, and so on.
You deal with people professionally and personally every day. Any new skill that improves your communication with your colleagues, boss, clients and your family can have profound effects on your self-esteem, personality and subsequently your productivity. We all know how costly miscommunication can be. The best way to deal with this is to practice the correct communication methods until they become second nature to us.
Fortunately, there has been great progress on discovering and implementing a variety of psychological techniques to enhance our communication with others and even our competitors. These well-tested practical techniques can be applied to everyday situations to enhance their influence on people and know how to handle a variety of complex situations when confronted with.
Practical applications will also be introduced that participants can add to their daily interaction with people. Learn how to use gestures and body language convincingly, utilizing the right words for the best effect, and picking up the “hidden” response signals from others. At the end of the workshop, expect to be equipped with the mindset and skillset to create that quantum leap in communication!
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Use the right mental attitude to better handle adversities, challenges, rejections and objections.
- Build instant rapport to get positive results.
- Distinguish between assertive, aggressive and passive behavior.
- Communicate effectively to gain commitment without using power, position or status.
- Enhance confidence and express your ideas assertively and precisely.
- Identify the psyche of yourself and others and use different communications styles to adapt when needed for better influencing.
- Listen actively to capture the “unsaid” and build relationship.
- Empathize to establish trust and communicate effectively.
- Acquire practical skills to read and interpret body language.
- Effectively and strategically use convincing body gestures and right words to your advantage.
- Develop the art of using the right questioning techniques to get better responses or information.
- Say “No” positively and disagree in such a way that helps the other person understand your stance on the matter without taking it personally.
- Deliver your potentially negative message and get a good response.
- Resolve a conflict objectively.
- Improve the quality of the information exchange and conduct meetings more effectively.
Who Should Attend
This program is suitable for Officer, Executives, Managers, Supervisors and Team Leader.
This stimulating program will maximizes the understanding and learning through lecture, discussion, case studies and practical activities.
- INTRODUCTION & EXPECTATION SETTINGS
- Workshop Objectives
- What is Communication & Why Communicate
- COMMUNICATION STARTS WITH YOU
- Winning State of Mind
- The 8 Principles of Success in Communication
- How Do You Want To Be Seen
- What Are You Unconsciously Telling Yourself & Others
- UNDERSTAND MORE FOR EFFECTIVE INTERACTION
- Understanding Communication Styles and their Impact
- Working and Communicating with Different Styles
- EMPATHY & EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCEThe Effect of Empathy on communication
- Simple empathic technique to construct sentences based on what you hear from others
- WHAT IS ASSERTIVENESS?
- How does assertiveness differ from aggressive or passive behavior
- How to avoid appearing aggressive, when you want to be assertive
- Passive-aggressive behavior and how to deal with it
- THE REAL WORKS OF COMMUNICATION
- Our Communication Tools
- Making sense of VAK
- Using VAK awareness to influence
- YOU CANNOT NOT COMMUNICATE
- Understanding Body Language & Voice
- Using Your Body Language & Voice To Influence
- Effective Rapport Building
- YOUR EYES TELL
- Understanding Eye Patterns
- Using Eye Patterns to Articulate Your Language of Influence
- INFLUENCING LANGUAGE PATTERNS
- Using the Right Words to get Results
- Positive Intent and positive phrasing
- Paying Attention To 3 Little Words
- EFFECTIVE LISTENING
- What is Listening
- The impact of the 2 Listening styles
- COMMUNICATION WITH THE META MODEL
- What cause misunderstanding
- How to minimize misunderstanding
- QUESTIONING TECHNIQUES
- How to ask the right questions at the right time
- Differences between open and closed questions and how you can take advantage of each
- How to seamlessly guide a conversation towards the direction of your choice
- FEEDBACK THAT MOTIVATES
- What is Feedback and Criticism – the good and the bad
- Why Feedback & when to give feedback
- Steps to Giving and Receiving Positive and Negative Feedback
- SAYING “NO”
- Expressing disagreement
- How to say “No”
- HANDLING DIFFICULT PEOPLE OR SITUATION
- Communicating in conflict
- Improving Working Relationship Using Perceptual Positions
- MY MAP – MASSIVE ACTION PLAN